D800 issues?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,768Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 issues?
In reply to afterburn, Dec 28, 2012

The green monitor issue seems to be Internet nonsense. Nikon added green colours to the monitor which earlier cameras did not record. The newer cameras have different and better monitor colours.

I personally know 10 other D800 owners and none of us have had a problem camera. My pro dealer says he has sold over 100 and has not had one back.

Nikon seem to continue to sell 30,000 units a month worldwide, including 10,000 in USA. 10 months after launch they have not issued a product recall though they have issued a battery recall in the same period. Most who buy a new camera, or anything else, are sensible enough to know that if they do get a defective product they can quickly exchange it

At the time of the D200 banding issue when, according to the Internet 99% of new D200's were supposed to be defective, Nikon UK said they had had less than 2% return from all types of problem.

Up to now I have not seen a posted link at dpreview complaining of the left autofocus issue using an auto focus target likely to produce an accurate test results. This leaves me to believe, there is a lot more noise about D800 problems then there are problems to talk about.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow