Nex-6 vs Nex-7 anyone own both can comment?

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,944Gear list
Like?
re: why the TechRadar data (using DXO) are so divergent from the original DXO Mark measurements?
In reply to SQLGuy, Dec 28, 2012

SQLGuy wrote:

Well, the DxO scores are, IIUC, only for raw; but the raw results DxO is showing are still way different from the TechRadar results.

personally I've very little interest in SOOC performance of JPGs - after all what they compare is not how good/bad are respective sensors but rather what JPG engines on N6 & N7 do = in both cases it depends a lot on plethora of settings, which means it is bound to be much more subjective than pure RAWs;

another thing: many here (and elsewhere) advocate comparing N6's files with ​downsampled ​N7, stressing advantages at some - pretty seldom used - crazily high ISOs, however, I'm much, much more interested in the base ISO performance diffs, ​AND advantages in resolution ​from N7 - so to me a proper comparison would be to have graphs of N7 ​vs. ​upsampled files ​from N6. It is pretty puzzling to observe that quite many reviewers nod their agreement for the crippling downsample comparisons !!

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow