Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FramerDave
Contributing MemberPosts: 502
Like?
A99 Sony Wireless flash lag
Dec 28, 2012

After watching the Gary Friedman youtube video showing the lag between the triggering of the HVL F20AM and the firing of the remote flash:

http://youtu.be/eHrBcT51oE8

I decided to check it out myself using the HVL F60M as trigger (control) to fire my F58AM.

I pretty well have the same result as the yutube video, I decided to turn off eFront curtain to see what will happen. After turning off the eShutter, there is no difference in terms of lag but of course you hear 2 shutter claps instead of one.

What I accidentally stumble on was using the c button in the front of the camera (top left) FEL to trigger the flash and remote. I did it just so I don't have to go back to erase another shot BUT after the flash exposure is locked the response became instantanious just like the A900-HVL20AM-HVL58AM demo in the video!

Could this be a work around? Once you got your wireless flashes setup to your liking you can press FEL once and the following shots will be able to keep up with the action right? Or is the FEL not flexible enough if your subject is moving all over the place, in other words, I am just dreaming?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow