The one thing, by Thom Hogan

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 820Gear list
Like?
Re: The one thing, by Thom Hogan
In reply to flyingeagle, Dec 28, 2012

Well, all this is very disappointing to say the least. I have been seriously thinking of getting a D800 and a couple of lens's. This thread alone is a deal killer for me, at least for a while.

My Main reason why is, not everyone is a pro, or works for a company that has an equipment budget for higher end camera gear. I can guarantee you that there are many individuals that have a limited budget and just want to have the best or better equipment. For those of us who are in this group, Service is paramount! It is a very big factor in deciding on what company one may go with. As of this reading of this thread I'm very, very reluctant to invest $5,000.00 or more with a company that has this kind of attitude, poor communications and service.

With the internet today there is no reason for poor communications, NONE!

NIKON! I can tell you this you are making a grave mistake hear. Cutting off independent repair facilities, and turning your warranty department into a profit center is a huge mistake!

Someone at Nikon is clearly not understanding the total ramifications of this fiasco!

Good Luck!

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow