seriously doubting dxo on sharpness result?

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Lee
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
seriously doubting dxo on sharpness result?
Dec 28, 2012

i saw couple of their results in the past and was a bit reserve because several of their rating had some of the lens with good center sharpness ranked better than some of the lens with uniform sharpness from corner to corner shot at the same aperture.

distinctively, i've gotten 3 copies of Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM and done some test shot.  it's center is very sharp and fall off alot at the 4 corners.

at the same time i've gotten 3 copies of Canon 135 f/2 and it was sharp from corner to corner.

after reading the following doc, then, i realized dxo has been ranking the 100mm f/2 sharper than 135 f/2.   do you guess agree the sharpness of a ef100f/2 is corner to corner sharper than 135f/2 shot at the same aperture?  needless to say the 3 copies of 100mm f/2 didn't have sharp corners at f/2.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en%C5%B8%E8%A2%A9%E8%A2%A7%E5%AD%9D%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD%C5%B8%E8%A2%A9%E8%A2%A7%E5%AD%9D%E8%A2%A9%C5%B8%E8%A2%A9%E8%A2%A7%E5%AD%9D%E8%A2%A7/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Canon-135mm-f2L-USM-An-oldie-but-a-goodie

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Jon.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow