So I'm buying an a57 whether I "need" it or not. What bag and accessories do I need?

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TomoJon
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
So I'm buying an a57 whether I "need" it or not. What bag and accessories do I need?
Dec 28, 2012

When talking to my sister over Christmas she had asked me when I am buying a new camera. She knew I had been doing some research and even though I decided on opting to work with what I had before upgrading some more.

Well, I had told her that I wanted to buy a new pair of glasses first, setting priorities straight ya know? In this time I would mess with my own camera. Cept she tells me that if I go ahead and buy a new camera now that she will pay for my glasses. This is a deal I really could not say no to and is a really really sweet Christmas present to me, so I am going to go ahead and snag myself an A57.

My Sister and brother in law bought me a nice tripod, tripod bag, flash filter set with gels, a big bag of lens cleaning cloths, and a sony alpha remote shutter also in addition. Plus my Father gave me $100 towards my camera of choice. All super super gifts and such to push me to getting a new cam, now I will just need to learn how to use it.

So far my camera of choice will be the A57 with 18-135mm lens. I want to buy it from B&H to get the 2x $25 gift cards but I do not think that one will come back into stock soon. Also I am thinking of getting the 50mm 1.8 prime with it as well so I can take some good indoor photos. Might end up with the 35mm, not sure. I just hear more good stuff about the 50.

So what do you guys think? What bag, accessories, filters, do I need for this? Even if you say light kits which I think I need I will go ahead and toss em in and learn em!

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow