Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this guy right?
In reply to Peter Jonas, Dec 28, 2012

Peter Jonas wrote:

Felixography wrote:

Does digital have a long way to go to catch up with film? People say the D800 is like having a medium format. So who is right?

I think when people say "36 MP is like having a medium format" they mean DIGITAL format. I do not think when people say that they mean that 36 MP would even come close to the quality of the best medium format films.

As someone who has shot a lot of medium format film, I can say that even 24MP FF sensors easily match MF Film in many ways, and exceed it in others.  36MP just raises the bar more.

Medium format digital is a completely different beast.  In any event, the Nikon D800/E has easily killed the entry level medium format digital market.  I sold off my MFD to buy the D800E.  No contest.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow