G15- Just a quick mention...

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a tad bit harsh on the G15 I think
In reply to cgarrard, Dec 28, 2012

I just got the G15 and, of course, we just got buried by a nor'easter.  So I haven't had a chance to get outside with the camera yet (it's still snowing hard).  I have taken some indoor portraits though and I am quite pleased with the IQ.  I am thinking that the biggest IQ difference at lower ISO between the G15 and my D7000 is the DR, which is noticeably better with my D7000 in certain situations.  Most of the time, though, the G15 does impressively well for a point and shoot camera.  I just sold off some Sony and Olympus equipment to get the G15 and a Nikkor micro lens.  The G15 seems to be in the same ballpark as my old Epm1 from an IQ point of view, which is pretty surprising considering the sensor size difference.  The G15 may be the high end point and shoot I've been looking for.  I am still learning the interface, but I think the external controls will really grow on me.

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow