The one thing, by Thom Hogan

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
flyingeagle
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: The one thing, by Thom Hogan
In reply to eNo, Dec 28, 2012

My main gripe with Nikon is their lack of communication. Or even lack of way to communicate.

There are only 2 main ways to talk to Nikon. 1800 number and online "ask nikon" section.

"Ask Nikon" section seems to have turn around time of a week. I'm not kidding. A week later, I get a response.

When I call 1800 number to find out about the status of repair. I expect to find that out. Not some "we'll call you back within 24 hours" BS. Those calls never came to me.

Their call center seem to located near Philadelphia and according to them, their only way of communicating to Melville facility is via email. How ridiculous does that sound?

Out of all the times I called 1800 number. Not even once were they helpful and provided more information than what is on their service status page.

It says "Parts Hold"? good luck finding out ETA on that repair.

"In Shop"? again, good luck finding out ETA.

Mind you that their service status page is about 3 days to a week late. Your service status could say "in shop" and your equipment might show up on your door unannounced.

They ask for an email address. But I have never ever gotten a single email. All invoices and service order # was coming through mail.

If I wanted to actually talk to someone helpful, my only way was to actually drive to Melville. Imagine if I didn't live somewhere close, I'd be furious. People who work at Melville customer window are very nice and helpful but their call center? useless.

flyingeagle's gear list:flyingeagle's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow