Epson 3880 ... stuck! Skin tone issues....

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
______RedLIne______
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Epson 3880 ... stuck! Skin tone issues....
Dec 28, 2012

Hi friends

Looking all over the internet for a hint to solve my issue

description of my setup and workflow...

MacPro + Radeon 5870. Apple Cinema display,27 Calibrated with SpyderElite 4, 90cd/m2 ,workspace almost dark. CS6.

Epson 3880, calibrated (biggest 789 color target) by SpyderPrint.

Shoot Canon5DmkIII, Raw, ACR to Photoshop 16 bits,AdobeRGB,

Make my edit to that aRGB color space.

My softproofing look awesome (no out of Gamut coler and i softproof using Relative colorimetric,black point, and "Custom" printer profile (my profile for the printer was made using that ink and my PremiumUltraPhotoGlossy Epson paper)

when i am ready to print , --> File-Print then i select "photoshot manage color, then i make sure all color management from the epson 3880 is off... i chose "the printer profile " and the preview look awesome....

(BTW i do not convert or assign any new profile prior printing ,so my file is and stay in aRGB color space)

i test on 4 by 6 prior big print and ,at last , my issue is:

The Print is not that off but the skin tone lack life , lack magenta/red and my Female model look kinda/a little dead...

the blond hair lack some (but not that much) saturation and the deep blond look faded...

i wonder is my Datacolor KIT/bundle (500$) can be the culprit even if it got good reviews...

i dont know what i can do to help myself

so if you can chip in ... you know... ill be more than happy!

thanks anyways

______RedLIne______'s gear list:______RedLIne______'s gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow