P7700 focus speed vs other rivals

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: P7700 focus speed vs other rivals
In reply to Shotcents, Dec 28, 2012

That is exactly why I am hoping my G12 continues to work for me until the G16 or P7800 are introduced. I am hoping they both come with larger/better sensors (2/3-1/1.2” at least) and higher ISO performance! Lager sensor will give less noise and better IQ as we all know. If the P7800 gets the larger/better sensor and faster/better AF and write times with the same lens, I will get it. If the G16 gets a larger/better sensor with sharper/better IQ and longer lens, and variable angle lens, I will get it. They are both very good cameras, but both have too many compromises for me to upgrade my beloved G12 at this time. Personally I think Canon and Nikon are cutting corners to either save manufacturing costs for higher profits or protect their DSLR/lens profits. Hopefully some company will introduce a camera with a 2/3-1/1.2” sensor with a fast lens/AF/write time to be worth upgrading my G12 to soon before it is too late. As of now, I am not impress with the 2012 fixed lens cameras due to all the compromises they all come with, especially with their high ISO IQ at 800 and above!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow