GF1 - keep it or not?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,848Gear list
Like?
Re: GF1 - keep it or not?
In reply to Ricardo Maia, Dec 28, 2012

Ricardo Maia wrote:

I finally bought the 20mm f1.7 Panasonic lens, but instead of buying only the lens, they have come with a GF1 camera attached...

For just a little bit more than the price of a used lens, I also bought the camera. In pristine condition, I might say! I really couldn't tell if someone told me it was new.

I use a GX1 with the pancake PZ lens (and now the 20mm), and I always thought on selling the GF1 upon arrival.

However, I took a few shots with it, and the camera seems to be really good. Compared to the GX1, there are some useful features that aren't there, but still takes nice pictures (and the PZ lens work very well with it), even if they have a slight green cast compared to the GX1 pictures.

So the sale has become a reluctant one...

What would you do?

Sell one. Compared to the OM-D, the GF1 and the GX1 are not that different. Keep the one that you like the most.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow