Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,497Gear list
Like?
Boxing Day stroll in old town (F31)
Dec 27, 2012

I hadn't taken the F31 for a walk for a long time (since I bought the P7100) but on Boxing Day I thought I'd give it some exercise. The venue was the main shopping street in the old town of Nicosia, where all was happening years ago but now it is 'pedestrians only' and a favorite place for afternoon-evening walks, with a plethora of street vendors and entertainers adding to the atmosphere.

Due to the crowds moving, pushing and getting in the way, one  has to be quick on the shutter and very approximate in framing/composition. Still, I think the shots convey the spirit of the day...

All F31 at iso auto400 & 800, no flash

This little shop has gone though all kinds of catering business over the years, from juices to milkshakes, to sandwiches, kebabs, beers, traditional cakes etc. Now it serves French type of cakes and sports the posh name of 'La Croisanterie'!.

The main old shopping street (Ledra street) commonly known as the 'Long' Street as it rolls for more than 200 meters! Distances are small in Cyprus...

A very young musician earning an honest living. I wish there were more kids like him.

The return of the Pharaohs!... Cleopatra will be next...

Stand selling corn on the cob and hot chestnuts. Plus some garments for good measure. Diversification is the name of the game these days...

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
Visit my website for lots of pics and fun...
www.sunshine-web.com
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60
Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow