Spring flowers on a Wintery day

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Photos thread
AarSee
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,375Gear list
Like?
Re: Wintery day Snow to follow
In reply to Jim N'AZ, Dec 27, 2012

Jim N'AZ wrote:

Aha! Now I see the connection (possibly) between the hood ornament and your location! R u in Pontiac, MI? If so, I can understand your need for relief from "wintery" conditions. I am also a Michigander having been born and raised in Kalamazoo, at least until my folks turned my 14 yo world upside down and announced we were moving to, of all places, Arizona! Oh how I hated THAT idea! After all, Arizona was just desert, snakes, cowboys and indians... That was in 1954 and it took a very long time for that idea to get washed out of my mind... At least a month or so anyway

The hood ornament is from a Pontiac, but I took it while I was at Greenfield village.  I live in Michigan, but to the north of Pontiac out in the farm country.  I was just out in my backyard, and there were 25 deer wandering around looking for dinner.

We made the move in a 1949 Packard (another great hood ornament) with canvas water bags looped over the front bumper to cool the water as we drove. I just knew we were headed for the pit of hell on that trip! My dad was an avid photographer and we would stop often for him to haul out his top of the line gear for a photo op. Oh, his "top of the line gear" was an Argus C3!!

Great story about moving west.  Sounds like a great adventure.  What super place to grow up as a young boy.  Lots of old west stuff and such.

As to the timeshare trade, I will take it up with the manager, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Stay warm and do send an offer that would make me and my "manager" leave Arizona in the wintertime and move to Pontiac, MI for a few months. Don't lowball me now 'cause my manager wouldn't let me stay in contact with you anymore if you do...

I'm not sure there is enough money around to persuade someone to go from AZ in the winter to Michigan.  At least no one in their right mind!

Have you still got the Z around there somewhere?

I hear they get around in the snow real well.

-- hide signature --

Rick

AarSee's gear list:AarSee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony a6000 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow