Adobe alternatives?

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim Cockfield
Forum ProPosts: 14,485
Like?
Sure, your turn
In reply to Archer66, Dec 27, 2012

Archer66 wrote:

Jim, given your posting history, I wouldn't trust anything you say, as your posts are just too positive and defensive about products for Linux and a bit too critical about products that run on Windows to be from an unbiased poster.

Do you work for Canonical or Corel, or another firm that has a vested interest in making sure products for Linux succeed?

No. I do not work for any company related to Operating Systems or Software.

If you google for my name (and I use my real name here, not a member name designed to hide my real identity), you'll find that I work for a Digital Camera Review site. I just don't promote it here, because that would be Spam.

I'll make a rare exception in this case for clarification purposes, not to promote the site I work for. You'll find my name on this page:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/about-us.html

I've been managing forums for long enough that I can usually "smell" when someone is posting to promote a given company or services, which is why I'm very suspicious of your posts.

Your posts are just too biased to be an ordinary user without some personal interest. IOW, your posts remind me of posts from "shills" trying to promote products in order to help them be more profitable.

If I'm wrong, just deny it.

So, if you'd just identify who you work for, perhaps I'd apologize and read your posts with a different attitude. But, based on your posting history so far, I would not trust anything you say.

Spammers and shills are all too common in forums anymore, where posters have financial motives for what they post (promoting products and services in order to help the companies they work for).

So, if that's not the case with you, please enlighten us.

Your turn.

-- hide signature --

JimC
------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow