Fun with the 18-55mm - Post your 18-55 shots here.

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,348Gear list
Like?
Re: Great job, Al
In reply to Liviu Namolovan, Dec 27, 2012

Liviu Namolovan wrote:

I like your photos, Al. Seeing some other posts of you, I think you really know how to get nice compositions. Therefore, I'll give you at least half of merits for the photos. Anyway, I love this camera-lens combo. Thank you for your inspiring post.

Thank you so much for the kind words. There's an old saying, cameras don't take picture, people do. I believe the path to a great photo requires 3 things in the following order, 1) A eye for seeing the picture, aka, the Photographer, 2) The glass, and 3) camera. Good glass brings out the best in a camera and the photographer composes with the glass. The camera is a box the records focused light from the glass. Of course some boxes are better than others, and the boxes that are fun and easy to use, record accurate color, good DR... the ones that inspire us to want to go out and shoot, are the best ones, and if they are beautiful to look at, well, that's the cherry on top. They all fit together like a hand in a glove.

What's also great is this camera is so light it is easy to take anywhere - unlike this fellow who pushes his piano around the streets of NY.

Washington Square Park, NYC. Astia, SOOC, bottom cropped

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow