Nex-6 vs Nex-7 anyone own both can comment?

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Karl Gohl
Contributing MemberPosts: 714
Like?
Re: Nex-6 vs Nex-7 anyone own both can comment?
In reply to Brian_Downunda, Dec 27, 2012

Brian_Downunda wrote:

Karl Gohl wrote:

6. No AF/MF button on the 6. I have the 7 configured so that button toggles between AF and MF, so I can AF then hit that button to lock in that focus setting. On the 6 I haven't been able to figure out how to do the same thing. The closest I've come is hit a button to get into the mode where you can choose between AF, DMF, and MF using the dial.

I have a 7 and my brother has just bought a 6, and I went looking for this myself because that's how I like to shoot too. I only had a brief chance to play with this, but it appeared that you can program the AEL button to do this. And that's what the manual says. Does that work for you?

<snip>

I haven't found a setting that does what I want. I have AEL Key Setting set to AF/MF but when I hit the AEL key, instead of toggling between AF and MF, it instead shows a AF/DMF/MF select menu on the right side of the screen. From there, you can turn the dial to change between those three settings. On the 7, if I'm in half-press focus-achieved state (whether having just used DMF to optimize the focus or not), I can press the AF/MF button to switch to MF to lock that focus setting to be able to take multiple shots. On the 6, if I want to do the same thing I'd have to bring up that menu and move the dial to select MF. HOWEVER, even that won't work because when you are in half-press state, pushing the AEL button (config'd to "AF/MF Select") does nothing!

If you or your brother find a solution on the 6, please post to let us know.

-- hide signature --

Karl

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow