Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cultured Vulture
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,665Gear list
Like?
Re: The one thing, by Thom Hogan
In reply to eNo, Dec 27, 2012

eNo wrote:

pluton wrote:

I purchased a D800E in November; It has the left AF issue. Thankfully, I'm not enslaved to AF and don't use the left AF sensor. But I may sell this camera in a year or so(D4X...where are you?). At that time, I need it to be a fully working camera without the crippled AF.

I plan to check the integrity of the 10-pin jack shortly before I bring the camera to Nikon for the focus fix. That'll be in a few months. I'm already thinking out the possible argumentative scenarios for dealing with Nikon's now-infamous fraudulent "impact damage" assertion, should they choose to perpetrate it on me.

Here's something that might work: "Please provide me with documented, signed proof of this impact damage. My lawyer requires it in order to file a claim for my insurance."

-- hide signature --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Home page: http://imagesbyeduardo.com/main/
Seeking the heart and spirit in each image

The statement on the repair form stating impact damage would satisfy for an insurance claim. No need for a lawyer. Nobody thinks that their gear has impact damage unless it is shattered into pieces. The fact of it is, that much of it is impact damage. Some of it may not be, but I'll bet a lot of it is. People with expensive gear that doesn't work are not always truthful about how it got that way.

-- hide signature --

Regards, JR

Cultured Vulture's gear list:Cultured Vulture's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow