OM-D5 w/12-50 or X-E1 w/18-55?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
nonicks
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank you for sharing your expertise!
In reply to 1drey, Dec 27, 2012

1drey wrote:

Yes, I've made my choice.

1. $1400 is a lot of cash for me, i won't be able to afford extra lens for some time, need a good lens from the very beginning to cover my basic needs for travel and family photography.
18-55 is way better than 12-50

2. I need an opportunity to shoot spherical panoramas, low cost and high quality Samyang 7.5/f3.5 fisheye - if I shave off a hood - will let me shoot full sphere panorama in 4 shots, what is great.

3. XE1's viewfinder better placed - if you are a left eye looker, like me.

4. I prefer XE1's aesthetics and controls

I owned the OMD with it's kit lens. It is not a bad lens at all. I quite like it honestly. But needless to say,the Fuji is sure is a much better lens... the built and feel of the lens are better. the apreture ring on lens brings back the memory of the time when I shot with manual film camera and that makes me feel VERY GOOD. And obviously, the lens is faster and sharper. So, if you need one excellent lens for travel and family, fuji is the right choice.

Me too... I found the viewfinder placement is important especially to left eye lookers. LIKE US.

But  I am learning to use right eye on EVF because I will gain"live view" opening my left eye that way which will be important to minimize the VF lags for decisive moments.

Check this excellent blog post when you get the camera. You wil found it super helpful.

http://fujixfiles.blogspot.de/2012/08/fuji-x-pro-1-af-autofocus-speed-and.html

It's wirtten by Smatty, a membr of this forum. Opriginal post: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/42171320

Congrats and enjoy!

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow