Wisdom article and drawing

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ara1
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Re: Wisdom article and drawing
In reply to Chato, Dec 27, 2012

Hi Dave,

I appreciate your reading--then and now.

With the Wisdom story I took a different tack than usual. Look at the drawing. Each of the "Wisdom head's" twenty-five leaves represents a person’s major influence, experience or observation, positive and negative.

• The synergy of a shared group experience
  • The kindness of an institution
  • Leaving one's hometown
  • The birth of a sibling or child
  • A stick-in-the-mud companion holding another back
  • The connection of romantic love
  • The bedrock support of family
  • The dangers of nature
  • The influence of a disciplinarian

So for the story, which has 2 sections, I wrote about a young man leaving home, and also, a pregnant woman participating in the shared group experience of an MBA class.

These two experiences will aid in the two characters gaining wisdom one day.

The boy is learning to partner to get where he's going. He says, "I can't climb high enough to see as far as I want to go." So he's on his start--he's just beginning.

The woman, who's a little older and further along, places trust in the mechanics of preparation. She knows that her class project's conclusion section will essentially write itself, once the supporting data points to a defendable direction. This is a good indication she's on her way.

Back to the drawing. There are symbols that represent life experiences that we can keep in our mental inventory. Here are two in detail.

Here's a symbol of someone striking out on their own. Green leaf detail:

Someone stays home, someone strikes out on his own.

Here's a symbol of childbirth.

Having a child, or a sister or a brother, brings new experiences we can learn from.

Ara1's gear list:Ara1's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow