Started Dec 27, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CLYoung
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
VF2 and VF3 viewfinders
Dec 27, 2012

I'm currently weighing up whether to get a NEX 6 or an Olympus EPL5 as an "out and about" camera and have a viewfinder question. I appreciate that if I went for an OM-D EM5 I'd have a viewfinder built in but it's considerably more expensive, is less compact and doesn't feel right in my hands.

I've tried lots of mirrorless cameras out in camera shops and I found some of the EVFs quite "shimmery" to look at (on the Panasonic G3 for example) - I'm not sure why or what specification might tell me whether a particular EVF will do this. I find the viewfinders on the EM5 and the Nex 6 and 7 fine. What I can't try out in my local shops are the optional VF2 and VF3 viewfinders. Can anyone give me a comparison to the built-in viewfinders on various models so I might get an idea of what they're like?

CLYoung's gear list:CLYoung's gear list
NEX5R Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +6 more
ANSWER:
Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow