60D or 7D? I am having trouble deciding!

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blauman
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
60D or 7D? I am having trouble deciding!
Dec 27, 2012

Long time site lurker first time post. So I am in the market to finally get my first DSLR, I am coming from a Canon A640 point and shoot :). So given that I am coming from a P&S I am having trouble deciding on which camera to buy. I have narrowed it down to these two cameras. My budget is around $1700 and if possible with that I would like to get at least one more lens (was thinking about the 50mm f1.4 prime) in addition to a kit lens as well as some accessories if possible, . My conundrum is whether or not the 7D might be to much a leap from what I currently have. Plus if I went with the 7D I was looking at either a used camera or a refurb through Canon, Adorama, etc. I am not usually thrilled with buying certain things second hand so that alone has been pushing me towards the 60D. I have held the 60D and like the way it feels and have held the 7D and like it as well. I know there may be a successor to both the 60D and 7D coming out in 2013 but I am not to worried about that yet. I had also at one point thought about the t4i but those things feel like toys and I did not like the feel. If it helps I mainly like to shoot landscape photos to use as art around my house (I have been lucky at getting some great pictures from my little A640), don't do any sports photography nor wild life. Of course those last two may change with a better camera. I have also read about the 60D supporting Magic Lantern which a lot of people list as a plus. I know overall the 7D is the better camera but right now I am trying to figure out which the better camera is for me now. Thanks for any help you all can provide me.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot A640
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow