A99 and flash - any overexposure?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Digitalize
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 and flash - any overexposure?
In reply to George Evans, Dec 27, 2012

George Evans wrote:

One upon a time I had a Sony A700 and the Sony HLV-56AM flashgun. Stick the camera in P mode and I could bounce the flash and get results I could rely on 99% of the time. Twelve months later and I have a Sony A77 and the same flash and I'm having to use negative flash compensation to guess the correct exposure. Somewhere between -1 and -3 compensation is needed.

The flashgun is something I rarely use but when it was needed using it in P mode was a simple way to get results with portraits and group shots. Now I dread using the flashgun and I've turned down a Wedding shoot in 2013 because I can't rely on the A77 and HLV-56AM combination anymore. With the A700 I would have taken the job.

Does the A99 have the same over exposure problem with this flash? If not then it may indicate that the over exposure is an A77 problem and not the flash. I wish Sony would recognise this problem and give us a solution.

George Evans
www.wirralpix.com

One of the big reasons I sold my A77 and got the A99 was because of flash over exposure problems.

I am very happy with the A99.

Dennis

Digitalize's gear list:Digitalize's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow