Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
irvin
Regular MemberPosts: 282
Like?
Re: 4/3 Prices
In reply to texinwien, Dec 27, 2012

texinwien wrote:

irvin wrote:

Have you seen any review or sample picture/video shot with the GH3 that makes you think it's significantly better than the GH2? I haven't.

I haven't seen many full reviews, as of yet, but yes, I have seen a number of reviewers and owners who compare the GH3 IQ to that of the OMD, and that would be a significant improvement over the GH2.

As I said, the GH3 would make up for half of the GH2's IQ disadvantage as compared to the D7000, if the GH3 has equaled or bettered the IQ od the OM-D.

Seems to me you're making a judgement on the camera before it's really been widely reviewed.

Or, let me turn your question around - have you seen reviews or sample pictures/videos shot with the GH3 that make you think it's not significantly better than the GH2? I haven't.

tex

Yes, I have:- here is a list.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3Bcqn%2Ccconf%3D1.2%2Cmin_length%3D2%2Crate_low%3D0.035%2Crate_high%3D0.035%2Csecond_pass%3Dfalse%2Cnum_suggestions%3D2%2Cignore_bad_origquery%3Dtrue%2Conetoken%3Dfalse&gs_rn=0&gs_ri=hp&cp=11&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=gh3+reviews&pf=p&newwindow=1&sclient=psy-ab&oq=gh3+reviews&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ&fp=bdce2956cc287f2f&bpcl=40096503&biw=1920&bih=1075

This is a review:

http://www.43rumors.com/must-read-new-gh3-review-by-provideocoalition/

" “All in all the GH3 is an incredible successor to the GH2 and a better camera in most ways – even when compared to a hacked GH2. With that said it does potentially suffer from more moire than the GH2 and the jump in image quality isn’t drastically different.”

Now, please note that my original post is not specific to this camera. My original post is directed at the scalating prices of 4/3 gear - and mention the GH3 as an example. It's becoming a bit of a ripoff...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow