X-E1 in studio - any problems?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Wojtek Bialy
Wojtek Bialy Junior Member • Posts: 45
X-E1 in studio - any problems?

Do you guys have any experience? Any problems? With the speed of writing raw files, with the speed of the camera itself, with postproduction, with synchronizing / firing up lights, etc?

I also have 2 "problems" with it and maybe you've found some walkarounds:

1. I don't like re-focusing after each frame even if I keep holding shutter release half-pressed (on my dslr I push the shutter half-way to focus, re-compose, take a shot, wait for a model to take a similar pose or re-compose myself, take a shot again - without focusing after each time) - I can set AF-L/AE-L to "AF-L only" but then I have to hold it all the time when re-framing the shot. I can also probably use Manual focus and click AF-L/AE-L button to autofocus, which is probably a better idea? Or is there a chance to make it work just as DSLRs?

2. I don't like long saving times (at RAW+jpg for sure) - but maybe it's my Sandisk Extreme's (class 10) fault?

Thanks!

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow