Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
irvin
Regular MemberPosts: 282
Like?
4/3 Prices
Dec 27, 2012

I was looking forward to getting the GH3 to complement my GH2 (wife has a g3). Not a real "need", but more of a desire to have the "latest and greatest" (gear lust). From the reviews, I gather there are no dramatic improvements over the GH2, but I just wanted it.

I must say I used to be a Nikon guy for at least 25 years and switched about 2 years ago to the GH2 because I wanted to experiment with video (my first grand daughter was born - I'm 52) and the GH2 was excellent at it. So, I switched and have learned to cope with a few limitations, but nothing critical. Still happy to be a 4/3 user.

Now, my point is that with the recent lenses and  cameras released for the Micro 4/3 format, we are quickly approaching Nikon/Canon DSLR prices! The GH3's body alone is US$1300 plus tax. Lenses are reaching similar high prices.

At this pace, the advantages (other than size) of the Micro 4/3 system will be negated and we might as well invest in full-frame systems, unless gear weight/size is the main consideration. If I'm going to spend $6.000.00 on a decent setup, I might as well get the better (optically) equipment. Why live with the limitations at the same price?

What do you guys think?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow