Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John A Cole
Regular MemberPosts: 412
Like?
Ordered An X-E1 with 18-55 Today
Dec 27, 2012

Hi all.  After some deliberation I placed an order for the X-E1 with the kit 18-55 lens today.

I've been messing about with different cameras (mainly M4/3) on and off for a while but something has drawn me towards the X-E1.  For me the styling is perfect, the build quality is excellent and for once the supplied kit lens seems to be actually very good.  Together with the fact the jpg files are stunning also means less time with pp, something I'm not a huge fan of.  I did have a reservation regarding AF speed but after trying one in a store it was actually better than I expected considering some comments I've seen - not as quick as a Panasonic G5 I tried but to be fair although many M4/3 cameras can focus quicker none of them really excel at moving subjects.

I don't regard myself as a photographer at all but I have a big appreciation for aesthetics, build quality, usability etc. and the X-E1 just seems to fit the bill.  Is it perfect.....of course not, but what it these days.  Really looking forward to it arriving now!

Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow