IQ, old F20/30 vs. XF1 (I a should have asked it this way before)

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,930Gear list
Like?
Re: The trouble with Auto DR ...
In reply to danny_only, Dec 27, 2012

danny_only wrote:

As for DR400 and ISO400 poor combination will show odd looking artifacts (looked like small crosses, but rotated 45 degree), I tried to see for myself once after being told by Hugo to avoid such combination. If memory served me right, after several months, Hugo told me he had fixed the DR to 200% on his F200 for most shootings, but I was too lazy to change my Auto DR setting and just leave it there. F200exr is not an enthusiast camera, only 2 apertures, 1 is even achieved by using ND filter and small orifice, imagine a bulldog with 2 teeth only, 1 is artificial teeth not for bitting, how tough can it be?

They have three on the newer models and the last one is real. But so what ... real apertures add expense and with such small sensors there is no real DOF control anyway.

As for ISO400 DR400, only a pixel peeper cares, and since when is the 1/2" sensor meant for professional work?

So I guess now M-size is no longer needed in newer Fuji cameras.

Still the best general setting for every EXR camera in my opinion.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WmAxNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow