Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zenpmd
Contributing MemberPosts: 958Gear list
Like?
3200 with FX lenses
Dec 27, 2012

I have shot compacts for a while and I am looking forward to now getting a proper camera. With formats changing, and my concern in particular of the point of an APS-C DSLR, I am looking to future proof my investment as much as I can.

I was therefore contemplating getting the 3200, because it is so cheap in the UK at the moment (£250) and then buying two FX zoom lenses. Now I am sure some people will says this is mad, but when I look at the prices it makes more sense. I can, for example, get the new Tamron stabilised 24-70, which of course becomes something like 35 - 100 on the DX (and I will also use this with a teleconverter for travel photography for a big range in a small packet) and then a quick fast prime of some sort too. The Tamron is only a little more than the Nikkor DX standard zoom, which as a lens will probably become obselete.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks

zenpmd's gear list:zenpmd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow