Started Dec 27, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
psychoticpanda
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
What is the difference of EF and EF-S?!
Dec 27, 2012

I have had a rebel all of my life and now finally moving on up to a 60D. I was introduced to full frame cameras while shopping and was totally lost but figured I didn't need to spend the money since it is still a hobby of mine and not really making money off of my photos. But I can not figure out exactly the specifics behind what the difference in a EF and EF-S mount lens is...?

I am confused by the conversion of the lenses, if I was to buy a 10-20mm EF lens and put it on my 60D it would equal to 16-32mm?

But if I bought a 10-20mm EF-S lens that would be just 10-20mm...? But, I cannot use an EF-S lens if I do decide to move to full frame cameras like the future of photography looks to hold.

Also, is a 10-20mm EF lens on a full frame camera then just 10-20mm?

Someone please help in this explaining this because I cannot find anything on it and I am always hearing different things!

psychoticpanda's gear list:psychoticpanda's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow