Custom WB Error on Nex 5n

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Elandreth
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: Custom WB Error on Nex 5n
In reply to cwood, Dec 27, 2012

I ran into this very same problem yesterday for the first time. I was shooting long exposures indoors on a tripod, using a custom WB card, and everything was fine. Halfway through, I decided to update the custom WB setting just to make sure it was still accurate, and I received this error, along with the camera changing to a very greenish caste. Trying to think of what had changed from when I first set the WB, I realized I had stopped down the aperture to get a greater depth of field. For my pictures, I could leave the shutter open for 8-10 seconds no problem, but when the camera sets a custom WB, the shutter is much faster. I opened the aperture and the custom WB worked once more. My guess is, this error message can be caused when the sensor is unable to gather enough light as it makes your custom setting. I hope that helps!

Edit: Just to clarify, I was using manual glass.

Elandreth's gear list:Elandreth's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow