Please Help: Your Critique Needed

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mua Bao
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Please Help: Your Critique Needed
In reply to eric, Dec 27, 2012

eric wrote:

To be honest, this just looks like a typical average snapshot any grandmom or wife or kid or dad would take. I would not be worrying about "grain". Really I hope your not interested in a d800 just to take snapshots of the family and dog and flowers in the back yard because you can save yourself a boatload of cash and just get a nice point and shoot. Dont think a better camera will magically make you a photographer. in fact it will really highlight the flaws in your skills. However if you just want a d800 so friends can envy you, you should totally go for it!

~e

Thanks Eric for taking the time to write.

Everyone has to get through the "typical average snapshot" phase (except the snapshot I posted in this thread is less-than-average - I did own a P&S camera & many of those shots I took were definitely better); the difference being that such a person recognizes that there're flaws & is willing to learn.

I'm not sure how to take your comment:  Was it a critique?  If so, you're making a bunch of assumptions that are condescending.  Other than that, I failed to see its usefulness.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow