50mm f/1.8G Out of stock everywhere? And an ask for recommendations.

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
erikvw
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: Available eBay, on the high side.
In reply to wasserball, Dec 27, 2012

Looks to me like eBay is taking advantage of the stock issues in the price realm... I'm in no hurry here. KEH has one used for a good price but none new, I haven't tried buying used. At that price point though I'll hold off and spend the extra 20 bucks when they come available again if I go that route.

I came home and tooled around with the 18-105 to see how the different focal lengths would play out, in the space I have available, the 85 would be too long. The 105 2.5 I have will definitely get some work outdoors though. I took a few shots with it in poor light at ISO 3200 and it looks to be a winner but way too long for anything but head and shoulders in the space I have set up.

I'm thinking my money is better spent on the 17-50 2.8 so I have a zoom that is more usable indoors.

erikvw's gear list:erikvw's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow