D600 back from Nikon cleaning, has spots, anyone else?

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,240Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 back from Nikon cleaning, has spots, anyone else?
In reply to roombarobot, Dec 27, 2012

roombarobot wrote:

Caspianm, the pic I posted is actually after two sessions with a rocket blower, so I did try to clean it. These are the things that didn't move.

Now what?

Most people on this forum that have solved this issue have recommended taking at least 1,000 photos with a shutter speed of 1,2000th second. Set the release mode to continuous high speed to speed up the process. Then clean the sensor, and there should then be no further issues.

Exactly how many shutter activations do you have on your D600 so far? Is the count still low?

When the D7000 first came out it was plagued by spots too. People then found out that setting the release mode to the Quiet option helped to prevent further spots.

So far I have a single spot in the upper left corner of my D600's sensor. However, I've yet to see it show up in any photos that I have taken. Here is a photo of the left corner of my sensor shown at 100% magnification.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow