How come most of the Americans I know....

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
jivers
Regular MemberPosts: 277
Like?
Re: For the love of God, mind your own business!!!
In reply to shutterblaster, Dec 27, 2012

shutterblaster wrote:

jivers wrote:

shutterblaster wrote:

jivers wrote:

Basalite wrote:

jivers wrote:

Seriously want to see more gun controls.

And yes, I know quite a few, and no they are not all "liberals" whatever the heck that means.

We seem to have a particular little enclave on this forum who are a long way from the American mainstream as far as I can tell.

-- hide signature --

The process of observation changes that which is observed, hence you cannot photograph reality.

You are being arrogant and disrespectful to Americans as the issue is a purely domestic matter that is none of your business. Stop trying to act like you know what "the American mainstream" is. You are NOT American!

Actually you have no idea.

You are correct so why don't you tell us? Is it a secret?

Don't share details of personal life on internet forums. But I probably have as much invested in the US from a personal and professional point of view as anyone could without actually living there, though I did for quite a while.

The country you are from is hardly a detail. I didnt ask your shoe size or haircolor. I personally think your full of crap anyway. I mean that in a nice way. And BTW I am not against some sensible gun control laws. I just grow tired of all the outside condemnation. Its an American thing, you wouldn't understand. No need to try.

12 and grey. And what's so hard to figure out? Some people do go OTT - on both sides.

My post was in response to some extreme opinions held by some of your countrymen that were at odds with my experience. More moderate US opinion has also chimed in, which sort of proves my point that those responders are not necessarily "typical" of Americans I know. If you took it personally, then I apologise, it was more of a backhanded compliment to the US and a pointed criticism of certain individuals who should be pretty obvious from the posts here.

Seems that other countries come in for a deal of stick too from time to time. The amount of misinformation posted here from totally spurious sources is quite staggering. I reserve the right to post counter arguments based on accurate data when I can find it.

-- hide signature --

The process of observation changes that which is observed, hence you cannot photograph reality.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow