The one thing, by Thom Hogan

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zolty
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Re: The one thing, by Thom Hogan
In reply to u007, Dec 27, 2012

u007 wrote:

I think everyone should quit moaning. 3 new full frame bodies this year alone (D4, D800/E, D600) and a strong new entry level (D3200). And the d600 and d800 are incredibly affordable, considering the performance and what they COULD have charged for them. The D800E is a completely new concept too for a 35mm SLR. And Nikon have stepped up their game in the video department too which makes the cameras even better.

We've also had great lenses like the 28/1.8 and 85/1.8G which are FANTASTIC value for money, given their excellent performance. A D600, 28 and 85 combo is an amazing performer and incredibly affordable.

Sure there have been some QC problems and teething problems, and Nikon haven't been exactly quick to react. But they have still released some kick-ass, affordable products. So let's quit whining.

A lot of new products, time-pressure due to competitive market, QC/teething problems - yes, understandable - still could keep whinning, but hey I can understand.

What I do not accept is the way Nikon deals with a/m issues - D800's returning from servicing still not focusing ("within specs"), recently I've read about cases where D600 sensors were refused to be cleaned under warranty.

I am and I'll be whinning about this kind of attitude - unfortunately there is not much that can be done (if one still wants to take pics), as other companies are there or will follow.

Zolty's gear list:Zolty's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow