Canon ix6550, MacBook Pro and Lightroom 4

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lloydos
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Re: Lloyd...
In reply to Petruska, Dec 27, 2012

Petruska wrote:

If you are serious about printing and getting the print to match waht you see on your monitor.

You need....

1. A calibrated monitor done with calibration software/hardware.

2. You need a good photo editing software; Photoshop, Lightroom, Nikon Capture NX, Paintshop, etc.

You should also use OEM inks and papers (higher quality photo paper) until you get a great print using a standardize photo test print from the web that will print correctly without any editing than one of your own photos.

Until you do the above it will just be a hit and miss guessing operation (wasting tons of ink and paper) until you get it right!

Bob P.

Im currently using the OEM Inks which i got with the printer.

I shall go out and buy the correct OEM print paper too (if this is the problem i will be amazed as they are so different to what i see on screen).

I currently use Lightroom 4 and it is updated to the latest version.

I have downloaded the latest drivers for the printer also.

I have read that its pointless calibrating a laptop monitor as viewing angles and light changes dramatically.

I am purely printing these for my own personal use and would like decent looking photos off them. Surely it cant be that hard to just get a photo looking like it does on a monitor on to paper... Maybe I'm wrong or being a idiot. Any further help greatly received.

Kind Regards

Lloyd

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow