Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
giraffe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,269
Like?
Pop up flash diffuser
Dec 26, 2012

Took a lot of photos at Christmas using my FZ200 instead of my Canon 7D. Mainly because of weight and flip LCD allowing me different angles of view (eg holding camera down at my knee at grand childrens level). Camera performed remarkedly well with almost all photos in perfect focus (any out of focus probably user error). Before Christmas I tried the popup flash on the FZ200 and didn't like the harsh lighting and shadows. This is normal with any popup flash so I tried the "Gary Fong Puffer" on the FZ200 which I had for my Canon 7D. It diffuses the flash a little - better than the direct flash but I was wondering if anyone has developed their own solution to diffusing the popup flash or have found something better than the "Gary Fong Puffer". I do not want to buy a flash for the FZ200 hot shoe as then I may as well use my Canon 7D. I know for best flash photos that flash should be off camera and that is how I started on Christmas with my 7D and 580 flash but the weight and inconvenience soon got me to use the FZ200.

Merry Christmas to all.

-- hide signature --

Bert D

Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow