Retro portrait

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Perfectible
Contributing MemberPosts: 937Gear list
Like?
Re: Retro portrait
In reply to tony field, Dec 26, 2012

tony field wrote:

Way back in January of 1972 when I was a physics student I visited my friend Glen, a chemist at the University of Calgary, who is a very fine photographer. After drinking some of his fruit brandy we took a few snaps (interesting recipe - get a gallon of pure alcohol from the university chemistry stores and put some fruit of the season into it. After a year passes, filter the brew and mix it with equal parts of distilled water. Let it sit for another year. Then, if you dare, consume it in copious quantities. He typically had 5 or 6 of these brews made every year)

The gun is a WWII German officer's Mauser. The holster for this gun was made out of wood and could be attached to the gun to make it into a rifle with shoulder stock.

All in all, an interesting evening - he even gave my wife a lovely silver dinner ring with amber hearts that he made for her - of course, the silver came from the university chem store He set up two flood lamps and took this portrait of the "real me" - I really LOVE the 1970's

Leica M2, 35mm Summicron, Tri-x

-- hide signature --

Hi Tony,

great story! And a portrait which indicates minds ...
I had already said, I was born in 1973 ... And I really love the 70s (the outfits, music and mentality) ...
Your friend has passed a very strong portrait of you! And it's really great to highlight today ... Share it with us! Thank you Tony.

Best regards.

Hugues.

http://www.perfectible.fr

Perfectible's gear list:Perfectible's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow