How can I get a PC to connect to my Apple Airport at home ?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
k27usa
Contributing MemberPosts: 658
Like?
How can I get a PC to connect to my Apple Airport at home ?
Dec 26, 2012

HELP! I'm trying to get a new PC (that we know has a working wireless card-it works fine at Best Buy) to connect to my home Airport Express network?

It's an older Apple Airport, but I have multiple Mac's of various ages, an iPad, 2 iPhone 4S & an iPod Touch and they ALL connect with no problems.

My daughter has had her friends bring their PC laptops over in the past and they had no problems connecting to our network.

The PC can see the network - it reads the name of it - but won't load any page. I keep getting a "this page can't be displayed" message, and in the windows task bar I can see multiple bars (indicating its connected) but it has the deadly yellow triangle with a ! on it....

I tried calling the manufacturer tech support and they had me delete & re-install drivers, but that did nothing. We took the PC back to Best Buy today and the techs there were able to log onto the internet (google, yahoo, etc) - yet the Best Buy techs said that their in-store wireless router was old & slow.

So I am at a loss to get this PC to connect to the internet.

Any suggestions or thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave B

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow