The one thing, by Thom Hogan

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
flyingeagle
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: The one thing, by Thom Hogan
In reply to GMack, Dec 26, 2012

GMack wrote:

Like there isn't some 500mm lens that hasn't been used in the wild without a small chip somewhere in its 5-year USA warranty period. If they think their stuff is "Pro Grade," then they ought to back it like it was used by a Pro out in the field, and not as if it were gold jewelry to be housed in a climate-controlled showcase or vault somewhere and never used.

Hopefully they'll come to their senses soon. I know my local shop who used to sell/recommend them over Canon would like it too.

Mack

Took those words right out of my mouth. If these so called "PRO" lenses that cost over $1500 can get "impact damage" from everyday bump and hump then they might as well write it on manual to keep it bubble wrapped at all times. All working professionals know it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to keep all our gears shiny and new. Couple of scratches that void warranty? give me a break.

flyingeagle's gear list:flyingeagle's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow