>>>> Street Photography eXchange #28 <<<

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
dkloi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,841Gear list
Like?
Forgiveness x2
In reply to ihtisham, Dec 26, 2012

ihtisham wrote:

Frank, Zubu, Still thanks for your comments.

My thought is that there is too little DOF, and the earrings are more of a distraction in b/w whereas in color they tell the story (or - "a" story, maybe.)

But I agree that in b/w the eyes become much more.

Anyways, a frustrating moment for me, because I didn't quite capture the exact moment I wanted to as the vendor kept on getting in my way. I did not want to ask him to move as he was making his living...

But still, glad that I got what I did.

Ihtisham

Dear Ihtisham,

Here's my very quick interpretation of your very fine image. It's all in the eyes, as you and others have pointed out. Apologies for any impertinence.

I used a red filter to lighten up her dress and the earrings directly over her face, and darken the green ones to the left. I've also used a contrasty curve to try to put some punch into the mid-tones in her face, slight dodging her eyes. Some sharpening (unfortunately there are JPG artifacts) to give even more punch.

Actually, I think the colour version also has promise as well. The photo reminds me a bit of Steve McCurry and his documentation of the sub-continent. You could try to accentuate the saturation and hues together with a bit more contrast.

I usually don't suggest cropping but what about cropping out the shirt on the right? Would this pull the face too much to the the right of the frame?

Cheers,
Daniel.

dkloi's gear list:dkloi's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ZubaNew
RGBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow