ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eNo
eNo
Forum ProPosts: 11,732
Like?
The one thing, by Thom Hogan
Dec 26, 2012

"...the one thing I'm looking most for in 2013 is any indication that Nikon understands that many of their actions and inactions have been slowly upsetting their current customer base. Denials (or simply no acknowledgment) of quality control problems. The continued use of "impact damage" as a primary response to product problems that are more likely design defects (why is it that "tight zoom" rings on 24-70mm lenses are common, but always marked up as impact damage? Does Nikon think we're all hitting our zoom rings with hammers?). Huge discounts on relatively new equipment that the faithful probably paid full price on. The list goes on and on and on.

Just once in 2013 I'd like to see Nikon do something that's not customer antagonistic but customer friendly. Just once I'd like to see Nikon do something proactive for their loyal customers rather than reactive. I actually don't get pleasure from writing about the things that Nikon has been doing to its customers in the past several years. Behind the scenes I've been trying to help Nikon users get satisfaction on repairs and problems, and sometimes have success at that. But sometimes I encounter things like this: I asked two different Nikon product managers two simple but specific questions at Photokina. Both wrote down my questions, took my card, and promised to get back to me. Three months later, neither have. If I can't get a response out of Nikon, heaven help the casual customer. "

Wow. Almost makes me feel guilty I am fairly happy with my Nikon stuff. Almost. It does seem to succinctly summarize what many have been saying here, though.

-- hide signature --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Home page: http://imagesbyeduardo.com/main/
Seeking the heart and spirit in each image

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow