A Request To See Your Videos Taken With The SEL35F18

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
academytim
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: A Request To See Your Videos Taken With The SEL35F18
In reply to captjoe06, Dec 26, 2012

I'm sure absolutely no one on here is interested in my family christmas video. lol

but here it is if you want to see how the 35mm performed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsIllnlxIAw

Couple of notes...I thought the ISO was set to auto for the first few shots, however it had been changed to 100 by my brother in law the night before while messing with my camera...thus the fairly dim shots. The OSS obviously isn't going to smooth out motion from me walking around, however the shots where I am standing still recording are very solid. I did find that with the lens wide open, the autofocus has a hard time keeping up with a 3 year old...however I believe that is to be expected. In several shots I bumped the aperture up to 4 or so and it did a great job of keeping everything in focus. Overall I'm very pleased with the lens so far.

All shots in this video are with the 35mm with the exception of one shot that I used the 16mm with ultra wide converter to get a wider shot of my son going down his slide.

academytim's gear list:academytim's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow