So, what is THE lens for 4/3?

Started Feb 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,894Gear list
Like?
Re: So, what is THE lens for 4/3?
In reply to Eric Perez, Dec 26, 2012

Eric Perez wrote:

I'm still amazed at the reach of the GH2 with ETC. I am buying one just for the video and the 100-300 will be an amazing tool, 1560mm equiv !! wow. Even the standard is 600mm equiv, which is what I will be using for lowlight video of course, but wow what a reach for such good IQ video. I am already dreaming about my moon clips and candid street video. I love my K5 but this thing is going to be crazy good lol

Well, this is a zoom and not that good at the longet end. Plus there are also squite a lot of sample variation. Mine is not good at all after 250mm when I'm shooting at distant subjects. Plus it is very difficult to use handheld.

Be sure to get ne with right of return and test the lens carefully to be sure that you have a good copy and that it does what you expect : hoping to use it at the long end for lowlight video may be a little too optimistic, especially with ETC. at the long end, the 100-300mm loose a lot of contrast and focusing becomes more difficult, with more hunting and false focus confirmation.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow