IQ, old F20/30 vs. XF1 (I a should have asked it this way before)

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andrew Swihart
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: IQ, old F20/30 vs. XF1 (I a should have asked it this way before)
In reply to rattymouse, Dec 26, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

Based on your text, I would never, EVER buy an EXR camera such as the XF1 for someone who does not want to change settings. The EXR virtually demands such.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Well, despite what you say, it's giving us very nice results so far just leaving it in EXR mode. Thanks a lot for the suggested settings, Kim! I'll give those a try next.

This is an extremely unscientific test, but it was striking nonetheless to see how much better the XF1 did than the old F30. I just took a handheld shot of my dad in poor lighting with both cameras with the F30 on Auto, EXR mode on XF1. Looking at these now, it seems that maybe the F30 didn't focus correctly, so I'd like to give it a second chance tonight.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WmAxNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow