m4/3 tripod recommendations?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,679Gear list
Like?
25 year old Scotch
In reply to Jerodequin, Dec 26, 2012

Jerodequin wrote:

Hi, was wondering if anyone could suggest some good tripods for a m4/3 setup (heaviest combo I'll be using is a gh2 with the new 35-100mm lens) I already have a lightweight tripod (silk mini) but want something a little more robust to carry in the car.

Would prefer something sturdy and relatively tall but not *too* heavy! Price-wise up to around £150...

I've been scouring reviews and 'best tripod' roundups all morning but everything seems to be very full frame slr focused and possibly overkill for micro 4/3 systems?

All advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

A fine tripod is like a 25 year old Scotch: once you've experienced it, you won't want anything else.

Buy a Gitzo series 1 carbon fiber and be happy. Top it off with a RRS ball head. It's a photographic investment that can last a lifetime, unlike anything digital. Buy anything less and you'll be back at the tripod trough before you know it.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow