clal
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: Pearstone En-EL 15 battery Pack
In reply to marike6, Dec 26, 2012

marike6 wrote:

clal wrote:

Update.
I put the battery in the D600 this morning and it did not work either. The battery indicator on the top menu of the D600 shows the battery with basically no charge to it. I recharged and again the battery charger light was solid after charging for a while but when I put it in the camera the battery shows very little charge to it. Getting a false reading from the battery charger and I charged it on two separate chargers with the same result. Either a bad battery or this battery is not compatible with the Nikon eqiuipment. I will take it up with B&H and see if they will replace it.

Definitely don't waste anymore time with that battery. Just return or exchange it for another of the same battery (B&H is great with things like that. Their return policy is great and they will also work with you to find a suitable solution). I do see that the Pearstone EN-EL 15 replacement gets all good user reviews on B&H's website, but there is one user who talks about it loosing charge overnight and not working in the D600 grip, which may be a concern for you.

As a side note, I surprised that the little V1 uses such a substantial battery. But I am pleased as I just bought a new V1 on special and they fact that it takes the same batteries as my D800 (which I have two extras for) is extremely fortuitous. I normally keep at least on spare EN-EL 15 charged for my D800, and if I'm going to be going out with the V1, I can now just pop one in my bag.

As far as third party batteries, many people use them without issue, while some others only ever buy the dedicated Nikon batteries. I think if you can find a good performing battery for half or sometimes 1/4 of the price of the Nikon, there's no reason not to use them.

But you should definitely just get call B&H in the AM, get an RA number, send the defective battery back, and order a replacement. Good luck. Congrats on the D600 (amazing camera) and happy holidays, Markus

Thanks Markus.  I definitely will call B&H and get a replacement battery.  I like the feel of the D600 and coming from a D90 there are a number of similarities making the learning curve somewhat easier.

clal's gear list:clal's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow