BEST CAMERA 2012 Locked

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Robert Deutsch
Forum ProPosts: 10,042Gear list
Re: Who Cares?
In reply to joesilver, Dec 26, 2012

joesilver wrote:

Nothing personal, but I don't see why we should care about the outcome of this poll. How many people own or have tried all the cameras on the list, and therefore are able to make a meaningful comparison? I'm guessing very few. Therefore, the question might as well be worded "Which of these cameras did you buy in 2012?"

Well, FWIW, I bought the E-M5 and the RX100 in 2012, and although I have the greatest  regard for the E-M5, I voted for the RX100.  The E-M5 with the right lenses has potentially higher IQ, but the RX100 is in a class by itself in the IQ it produces in a camera that can be carried in a shirt pocket.  If you told me that I'd have to give up my E-M5 and select an alternative, I'd be unhappy, but I think I'm I could select from the available offerings by Nikon, Canon, Pentax, or Fuji something that was comparable in performance and not that much bigger.  However, from what I've seen and know of the "enthusiast compacts"--I've owned the G10, G11, Fuji F31fd, and Samsung EX1--there is nothing out there that offers the RX100’s combination of shirt-pocketability and near-DSLR IQ.  In this sense, it's a genuine game-changer.

Bob

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow