Started Dec 26, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philipW99
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
D800 - Blue sky turns white
Dec 26, 2012

Hi, I'm new here and hoping someone can help. I've got a new D800 and, in taking some shots of a prefectly blue sky have noticed that they have turned out white. Why would/could that be?

To explain a bit further; Originally I got this result using Auto1 WB but then switched to sunshine in the hopes that that was what I had got wrong. Using this WB, the first shot I took was f1.8 1/3200s at ISO100 and showed a beautiful blue sky. The second shot was at f16, 1/40s at ISO3200 and showed the sky perfectly white.

I'm not a complete novice but nor am I anywhere close to an expert so it could well be something quite basic that I'm not understanding. Thanks for your help.

philipW99's gear list:philipW99's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow